Activities with us!
Interested in learning more about Chinese culture?
Want educational and fun Chinese elements for your organization’s activities?
The Toronto Guqin Society (TQS) was founded in 2005 to provide a platform for connecting and expanding the Toronto community of guqin players, but more importantly share the experience and joy in authentic Chinese elegant and elite culture for all to enjoy – in and beyond the Greater Toronto Area.
We are proud to be part of a global movement to promote Hanfu as the authentic Chinese dress, and have for a decade publicly spread the knowledge of the fashion and practice of Confucian etiquette and rituals. We have successfully organized workshops and Chengren-Li, the coming-of-age ceremony, to raise awareness of Chinese culture beyond the hustle-bustle of popular folk tradition.
We specialize in:
- Public lectures on Chinese culture, Confucian rituals and etiquette
- Performances on guqin, Chinese ritual/court music ensemble
- Shèlí, the Archery ceremony
- Hands-on workshops on Hanfu: tailoring, design, and history
- 1 on 1 or group guqin classes, via our own Standards of the Guqin curriculum, taught in English, Chinese, or Japanese
We are happy to provide custom-tailored events for your organization or institution’s needs! Just contact our chairman, Juni Yeung, at:
We do request for honorariums for invite performances and presentations.
Please inquire us for rates. For lesson curriculum and lesson tuition rates, please see the Guqin curriculum page.